←  Back to producer

Domaine Denizot 2018 Sancerre Chavignol "Les Bouffants"

Les Bouffants is an early ripening hillside vineyard located in the village of Chavignol facing due south. Denizot’s plantings in Les Bouffants cover two distinct soils. 75% of the vines are located on the top of the hill with a very stony, well-draining soil. The other 25% of the vines are planted on a steeper area of the site on finer, softer limestone called griottes. The results of this soil makeup, exposition, early maturity and naturally low yields produce a bold and structured Sancerre.
Both lieux-dits wines at Denizot are handled the same way in the cellar, allowing their specific terroirs alone to dictate their distinct differences. Vinification and aging takes place in a unique mix of cooperage, utilizing 600L demi-muids barrels as well as 350L cigare barrels (narrow, elongated barrels to maximize lees surface area) selected specifically for their low-impact oak profile and extremely fine grain. Post fermentation the wines are aged in the same barrels for approximately 12 months before being racked to settle in stainless steel for an additional 6 months.

  • 2018
  • Sauvignon Blanc
  • France
  • Loire
  • Sancerre
  • Les Bouffants
  • Limestone with griottes
  • Practicing Organic
  • 100% neutral oak, demi-muids and cigare barrels
  • 12 months neutral oak, 6 months stainless steel
  • 13.27%
  • 3.78 g/L
  • 2.0 g/L
  • 3.15
  • 750 ml
  • White
  • 3770009280174
  • $45.00