Yann Alexandre Roche Mère Brut Nature
Roche Mère begins as the same cuvée as Alexandre's classic Brut Noir. The added benefit of this cuvée is an additional year en tirage and completely zero added dosage. The blend is composed of the same 50% pinot meunier, 35% chardonnay and 15% pinot noir collected from 20 different organically farmed plots spread across the communes of Courmas, Bouilly, Merfy, Chenay and Saint-Lumier-en-Champagne.
The wine is fermented and aged in stainless for 6-8 months before it is blended with 30% reserve wine and aged en tirage for 5-6 years. At the time of disgorgement, instead of a traditional liquor dosage, the bottles are topped with a small amount of dry chardonnay fermented in oak barrels.
- Chardonnay, Pinot Meunier, Pinot Noir
- Montagne de Reims
- Calcareous-clay, with stones, flint, and sand
- Certified Sustainable by OCACIA
- 90% Stainless, 10% neutral barrique
- 7 months in stainless, 5-6 years on lees
- 4.67 g/L
- 0.55 g/L
- 750 ml